Broccoli, Leek & Potato Soup
Broccoli, leek & potato soup
A quick, easy winter favourite, served with our famous Truffle Aioli!
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges and Truffle Aioli , for serving
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek and onion, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the broccoli florets, chopped potato, and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender and puree in batches.
4. Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot, garnished with a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of Truffle Aioli.